Re: please explain these gpg switches...

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 01:48:55PM -0800, seberino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > % How does --batch avoid interactive questions??  Does it just assume
> > % the answer? Must we pray it guesses correctly?
> >
> > Read the man page for gpg to find out :-)
>
> I did.  Here is what it says...
>
>        --batch   Use batch mode.  Never ask, do  not  allow  interactive  com-
>                  mands.
>
> This isn't very descriptive.

Batch mode avoids asking (a) obvious questions (e.g. "do you really
want to do blahblahblah?"); and (b) questions that GPG doesn't need
to ask (e.g. "what's your trust value of key blahblahblah?"), assuming
safe answers instead.  As the manual says, all operations which require
questions with less-obvious answers that GPG can't answer in a safe way
independently are simply not allowed in batch mode.

HTH,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel