Re: Howto *not* automatically decrypt ???

Todd <Freedom_Lover@xxxxxxxxx> [2003:12:22:13:03:36-0500] scribed:
> Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > Suppose that I want to encrypt a message to myself.  As it is, when
> > I receive that message in mutt, it is automatically decrypted and
> > displays the decrypted message automatically.
> >
> > How can I configure mutt/pgp so that I must enter the password
> > *prior* to being able to read the encrypted message?
>
> The setting $pgp_timeout controls how long (in seconds) mutt will
> cache a pgp passphrase.  It defaults to 300.  So if you receieve your
> own message within that time and open it, mutt won't need a passphrase
> to decrypt it.  You could set the value to something less or 0 to
> disable caching.

Doh ;>

Wow!  The holiday season has numbed my brain.  Of course, during the
timeout period the password is active and the message is automatically
decrypted.

Consider this a no-problem, and ignore me today . . .

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource