Re: Howto *not* automatically decrypt ???

Michael D Schleif wrote:
> Suppose that I want to encrypt a message to myself.  As it is, when
> I receive that message in mutt, it is automatically decrypted and
> displays the decrypted message automatically.
>
> How can I configure mutt/pgp so that I must enter the password
> *prior* to being able to read the encrypted message?

The setting $pgp_timeout controls how long (in seconds) mutt will
cache a pgp passphrase.  It defaults to 300.  So if you receieve your
own message within that time and open it, mutt won't need a passphrase
to decrypt it.  You could set the value to something less or 0 to
disable caching.

Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    -- John A. Hrastar