Re: Binding backspace key while using screen

Dnia 18 grudnia 2003r. napisałeś:
> > My $TERMCAP looks like this:
> >
> > [...]
> > :F6=\E[29~:F7=\E[31~:F8=\E[32~:F9=\E[33~:FA=\E[34~:kb=:\
> > [...]
> >
> > So, the value of kb is ^?. What should I do now? Sorry, I don't know all
> > this terminal stuff, could you say something more?
>
> screen wants to use termcap, mutt is using terminfo.  screen's setting
> $TERMCAP to show what it thinks the terminal description would be - and
> if the terminfo data doesn't match what screen thinks it has, then
> applications using terminfo won't necessarily get the right information.
>
> When screen starts up, it looks at your $TERM variable, and the stty
> settings and tries to guess what it should do with the backspace (erase)
> character.

Before I start screen, $TERM = linux and the kbs value is \177 (taken from
the infocmp). After running screen, infocmp doesn't show any information
about kbs. Is this why mutt doesn't get right information? How should I
change this setting?

--
Jacek Masiulaniec