Re: can you use tag-prefix to save many messages to one folder?

Allister --

...and then Allister MacLeod said...
%
% On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:07:28PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% > % <tag-pattern>~d >1m
% > % <tag-prefix><save-message>=LISTS.old.mutt
% > Looks fine.  How many messages were tagged when you ran the first one?
%
% A lot.  I know this because they all had *'s next to them after the
% tag-pattern command.

OK; good.

%
% > Well, it *should* be easy to find, but it would appear that you have
% > found it.  With the impossible eliminated, all that remains is the
% > improbable, so let's tackle that.
% > Are you doing this through a macro or through ordinary keystrokes?
%
% _mostly_ ordinary keystrokes.  However, my save-message command is
% accessed through a macro, which saves things to a ham folder for my
% spam-learning script.  Perhaps this is the problem.

Aha.  I vaguely recall some discussion of your macro, but I don't
remember what it is (and am too lazy to go and look it up).

%
% I'll try it with a non-macro version of save-message.  Hopefully that

Do, indeed, and let us know.  Without knowing just what your macro does I
can't say for sure, but you're probably doing something like piping all
messages out to SA but then saving only one or some such.  You may need
to write a second -- and fully tag-aware -- version for this case.

% will do it.  Otherwise, I'll come back with more details :-)

Good :-)

%
% Thanks,
%  Allister