Re: Forcing display as HTML

On 2003-12-16, Ian Partridge <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Occasionally I receive some brain-dead mail which has a

> but the actual content is an HTML document. How can I display
> such mail (either manually or automatically)?

One way is to use a browser such as w3m to view the message by
piping the entire message from the index or pager menus or by piping
just the body of the message from the attachment menu to the
browser.  W3m allows you to toggle between the rendered-HTML and
HTML-source views of the message with the 'v' command.  You could
also pipe the message to 'w3m -T text/html' to force w3m to treat
the text as HTML.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division