Getting Mutt Running

Hi

I have downloaded mutt but don't seem to be able to find anything in the
documentation on compiling etc to get it running on our system (we are using a
Compaq AlphaServer 20 with Tru-64 UNIX version 5.1).  Can somebody please give
me a direction to look in?

Also, we are planning to use mutt to replace mailx where we will call it from
within UniVerse programs and get it to send mail to users automatically (both
with attachments and without).  Can anybody provide any advice in this regard
please?

Many thanks in advance
Greg