Re: Handling of shift+return

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Ronald J Kimball wrote:
>
> > My ISP recently did an OS upgrade, and since then I've noticed a change in
> > behavior.
> >
> > If I hold down shift and press return, mutt does not treat it as a normal
> > return.  Previously on this system, mutt treated shift+return and return
> > the same.
> >
> > This is inconvenient when I want to change to my inbox, because I
> > habitually type 'c shift+1 shift+return', hitting return before I release
> > the shift key.  Instead of changing to my inbox, I end up with: 'Open
> > mailbox: !OM' displayed.
>
> that looks like the numeric-keypad application-mode "Enter", rather than
> any "return" key.  What type of program are you using?  (And what was
> $TERM set to).

Thanks for your response!  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you.
(Screwed up my confirmation to the list.)

I am using Konsole on KDE, and using ssh to connect to the machines where I
run mutt.  For both connections, $TERM is set to xterm.

I just realized that, on both machines, emacs sees shift+return as ^[OM.
So it does seem that there's something different within mutt between the
two machines.

thanks,
Ronald