Re: Composing chain letter

Zbynek --

...and then Zbynek Houska said...
%
% On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 04:29:34PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% >
% > 1) Most users on this list consider chain letters, urban legends, hoaxes,
% > and spam all in the same category; watch out :-)
% >
% To enlighten it... I need send out some news letters, so thats no spam
% at all.

Indeed.

%
% > 2) Something like
% >
% >   for i in `cat names.txt` ; do mutt -s "subject" $i < template.txt ; done
% >
% > should do you not too badly.  Season to taste.
% >
% Thank you, I'll try it out. The only reason I ask here that I don't like

Good luck!

% too many recipients at once, so I would rather split it up to single
% mails.

Well, what about using the Bcc: field so that nobody sees the other
recipients?  Then you send it in one go, and have a record of who got
it, but each gets an uncluttered copy.

%
% --
% Worst Month of the Year:
%       February.  February has only 28 days in it, which means that if
% you rent an apartment, you are paying for three full days you don't
% get.  Try to avoid Februarys whenever possible.
%               -- Steve Rubenstein

Funny you should mention that...  I once rented an apartment for six
months, effective March 1, and the management company tried to get me to
pay a day's rent for September 1!

HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.