Re: Highlighting mails from myself

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 04:08:30PM -0600, David Rock wrote:
> * Bruno Postle <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx> [2003-12-08 21:25]:
> > Mutt has a few settings that should always be customised, one of
> > them is $alternates:
> >     # addresses that I use
> >     set alternates=zbynh@xxxxxxxxx
> alternates is a regular expression pattern that defines or mutt who you
> are. Without it, it has no way to distinguish your mail from anyone
> elses.
> mine looks like this:
> set
> alternates="((drock|david|dave|dave-bu)@(rock.homelinux.(com|net|org)|wdfs.graniteweb.com|graniteweb.com)|rockdw@xxxxxxxxxxx)"

Hmm.. As far as I can tell, $alternates is not necessary if you only
send with one address.  ~P works just fine for me without using
$alternates.  I just have my $from set.  Of course, most of my mail
goes through one address; I'm sure if I looked at a mail sent from one
of my others, it would not be matched by the ~P rule.

Ciao,
 Allister

--
Allister MacLeod <amacleod@xxxxxxxx> | http://amacleod.is-a-geek.org/