Re: aspell

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 11:43:56AM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Re: David Yitzchak Cohen in <20031201093757.GV18414@xxxxxxx>
> > > Martin Schulze in <20031111105924.GY2458@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > What's DFSG???
>
> Debian Free Software Guidelines:
> http://www.debian.org/intro/free
> http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

Ah, thanks ... that was all I needed :-)

> Debian has a mailing list (debian-legal) that is mostly concerned with
> evaluating and discussing strange and funny licenses, to help decide
> whether they are free in the DFSG sense.

Adding the above was going beyond the call of duty.  Thank you very
much :-)

> I you can probably find
> discussions about aspell in the archives:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200210/msg00204.html

This link is neat, since it gives a particular example (ours, in fact)
of how annoying it is to juggle lisences around.  Once again, I didn't
need that link (although I happily read the thread there, anyway);
I was just trying to get a basic idea of WTF DFSG might be.

Thanks a bunch,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel