Re: Mutt&Procmail recipes ...

* henry nelson <netb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-28-03 21:18]:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:29:37PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
 [snip ...]
> > How are you retrieving your mail to the local machine?
>
> Essentially it's already on the local machine (actually an nfs
> partition [Is that the problem?]), in the mailbox,
> "/var/mail/$LOGNAME." Just evoke "mutt", and by default Mutt opens that
> mailbox.  (Problem is, if that account ever starts getting spam,
> there's no way to filter it, so it will eventually become useless.)
> True, it would be possible to copy the mailbox to my personal account
> space and then cat it to procmail, but that's a pretty ugly solution.

Well, you have thrown a monkey-wrench into the mix.  Your problem,
IIANM, is that foremail/procmail is not your LDA.  Whinedohs is getting
your mail.  AISI, you need to start mutt with a script and have the
script cat to formail for sorting/redelivery.  Then start mutt.  ie:

#!/bin/bash
formatil -s procmail [-m procmail.rc] < /local/mail/file
xterm -T "Mutt" -e mutt
exit

This assumes mbox files and that you are using a release of linux that
can read/write the whinedohs file system.  You must be able to read
since you said that you had mutt reading the local mailbox.