Re: Mutt&Procmail recipes ...

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 08:29:37PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * henry nelson <netb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-28-03 20:19]:
>  [snip ...]
> > them procmail is never invoked.  This is despite having a .forward
> > file. My SUSPICION is that the mail server is not configured to deliver
> > mail, but just to keep it on the spool.  About all I know is that by
> > default, these accounts have a ".popbull" file in them with the content
> > of one, literal "0".  I can read, delete, save to my own account, etc.,
> > the contents of my default mailbox (/var/mail/$LOGNAME) with Mutt, but
> > I can't get pre-processing with procmail.  Anyone know how I might try
> > to get that _forward file to be read by the server's mail delivery
>
> How are you retrieving your mail to the local machine?

Essentially it's already on the local machine (actually an nfs partition
[Is that the problem?]), in the mailbox, "/var/mail/$LOGNAME."  Just evoke
"mutt", and by default Mutt opens that mailbox.  (Problem is, if that
account ever starts getting spam, there's no way to filter it, so it will
eventually become useless.)  True, it would be possible to copy the mailbox
to my personal account space and then cat it to procmail, but that's a
pretty ugly solution.

henry