auto-save attachments

Here's the functionality I'm looking for.

When I save a message with attachments, I'd like mutt to automatically
save them in the same folder or another designated folder
(~/Mail/attachments would be a canditate, for instance).  Right now, it
seems like when I save a message with attachments, it gets stored in the
/tmp directory, and is deleted later, so when i view the message, the
attachment is gone.  What I would like is for when I save a message and
view it later, I want the attachemnt to autoview or still be browsable
when i invoke the attachment view and executable/savable/viewable when i
select the attachments.  I know this will take up some disk space, but
its the default behavior that i'd like.  Any suggestions?  Was I clear
in what I'm looking for?  Thanks for the help, and thanks to those
who've developed such a great MUA.

--
Luke StClair
run_faster@xxxxxxxxxxx