Re: auto-save attachments

Luke --

...and then Luke StClair said...
%
% When I save a message with attachments, I'd like mutt to automatically
% save them in the same folder or another designated folder
% (~/Mail/attachments would be a canditate, for instance).  Right now, it

You could pipe the message through a script which saves the attachments
here and then puts the message, with attachments probably removed and
pointer hooks perhaps added, in a given folder.  That could then be
developed into a macro but probably won't ever be as smart as mutt's
save code.

% seems like when I save a message with attachments, it gets stored in the
% /tmp directory, and is deleted later, so when i view the message, the

That is completely un-mutt-like behavior; do you have a script already
separating the pieces for you?

Alternatively, you could be thinking of mutt's MIME handling features
which let you see, say, HTML content right in the mutt pager window.
Those attachments are copied into /tmp if the program, such as lynx,
needs an actual file to use, although they certainly aren't removed from
the message (by mutt's default behavior, anyway).

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"