Re: mutt mail dir and enviroment variables

* RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <rmvg@xxxxxxx> [17-11-2003 06:43]:

> when i execute the command
> #mutt
> i get an empty /var/mail/user mailbox
> i use Maildir and my mail box is /usr/home/user/Maildir
> so if i execute this command
> #mutt -f /usr/home/user/Maildir
> everthing works fine and i can read my mail
> so how do i set mutt to read this mailbox instead of  /var/mail/user
> i tried the .muttrc .mailrc .bashrc .chsrfile in my users home directory
> i tried the .cshrc .profile file in the / directory

From the manual:

6.3.240.  spoolfile

  Type: path
  Default: ""

  If your spool mailbox is in a non-default place where Mutt cannot
  find it, you can specify its location with this variable.  Mutt will
  automatically set this variable to the value of the environment
  variable $MAIL if it is not set.

On startup, Mutt will go to $spoolfile.

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

It's not the fall that kills you.  It's the sudden stop at the end.
-Douglas Adams