Re: Displaying informational messages?

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:10:17PM +0100, Ben Buxton wrote:
> I have a couple of macros set up in mutt, but due to their nature, I
> don't get any indication that the macro actually did it's job. Is there
> any command to simply display a message at the bottom of the screen?
> Then I could put this at the end of my macros to get some visual
> indication of success.
> I know I could have the macro execute something external, but I dont
> want to have to 'press any key to continue'.

Well.. it might work to 'set wait_key=no' and then execute something
external, provided that "press any key to continue" wasn't the
indicator you were relying on. :-)

<plug type="shameless">
There's also the possibility that you could accomplish what you want
to do with the guile-extended mutt that Ludovic Courtès has been
working on.[1]  It provides a facility for printing to the message line
from scheme.  Either Ludovic or myself could help you figure out how
to make it do what you want, if you'd like to try that route.
</plug>

Cheers,
 Allister

[1] http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/mutt-1.5.4i-guile-alpha-1.diff.bz2