RE: Can't post to this list via Mutt

> # anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / 2003-10-31 18:52:27 +0000:
> > On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 01:09:02PM -0500, David Fishburn wrote:
> > >
> > > I am having an unusal problem.
> > > I am trying to convert over to Mutt from MS Outlook.
> > >
> > > When I attempt to send a message to mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
> from Mutt,
> > > it indicates the message was sent correctly. No
> POSTMASTER messages
> > > come back indicating failed delivery.
> > >
> > > Yet my post never shows up.
> > > I seem to be able to post only from Outlook.
> >

>     that has no relevance to his problem whatsoever. mutt doesn't use
>     SMTP to handle the message to the MTA, and an MTA is not required
>     to listen on 127.0.0.1.
>
>     David, what OS/MTA are you running?

I have 2 machines.

My WinXp machine is where I am currently running Outlook and responding
to this mailing list.

I also have a RH9 Linux machine where I am setting Mutt up.
>From the Linux machine I send mail via ssmtp.exe.

SSMTP works for  work/personal email, and the other mailling lists I am
on (ie vim@xxxxxxx, ...).
So I can send/post emails to everything except the Mutt mailing list
from this Linux machine.

Dave