Spaces encoded as =20

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 02:57:13PM +0200, Piotr Jakubowicz wrote:
> p.s.: Why are there "=20" in my mail? Do I have a problem with the
> format?

=20 is used to encode a space character at the end of a line (maybe
elswhere too, I don't know.)  I'm not sure exactly what spec this
follows, but I'm guessing it's something to do with MIME.  Perhaps
someone who is more knowledgeable about such things could tell us.
Or, if I get curious and find out where it's specified, I'll post
again.

Hexadecimal 20, or decimal 32, is the ASCII code for a blank space.
By extension, it is thus also the ISO-8859-1 code for a space.

Toodles,
 Allister

--
Allister MacLeod <amacleod@xxxxxxxx>