Re: international support for subjects

#include <hallo.h>
* Michael Mauch [Tue, Oct 21 2003, 06:10:47PM]:

> Probably a feature. The charset of the body might be different from the
> charset of the header, and it's possible that the body has many
> different charsets - so it can't be applied to the subject.

Fortunately, such cases are rare. Normaly you can guess the charset
beginning with the charset of the first (or the single) body part or the
definition in HTML junk in attachment.

> If the subject doesn't declare its own charset with something like
> "=?a-charset-name?Q?", Mutt can't know the charset.

My proposal to sensible charset guessing can be found in Mutt bug report
#1247. The last thing I forgot taking senders E-Mail-Adress to presume
the country the E-Mail comes from.

I would like to know if any developer would like to implement it this
way, otherwise I will try to do so in some weeks when I have more spare
time.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Junge Leute sehen in ihrer Entwicklung das Neue des Zeitalters auch
für Entwicklung an und verwechseln sich mit der Zeit und halten daher