Re: international support for subjects

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> Finally I got UTF-8 for xterm working. Things are working very good.  I
> can read both german and russian in the same terminal window. I mean the
> body of email.  But I noticed that in the index the subjects are not
> shown properly if they contain national characters. I guess that when
> subject line is found the charset of the body is not applied to it for
> UTF-8 conversion. Is it a feature or a bug?

Probably a feature. The charset of the body might be different from the
charset of the header, and it's possible that the body has many
different charsets - so it can't be applied to the subject.

If the subject doesn't declare its own charset with something like
"=?a-charset-name?Q?", Mutt can't know the charset.

Regards...
                Mihcael