Re: Another GnuPG Problem

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 02:57:13PM +0200, Piotr Jakubowicz wrote:
> Right now, encryption, signing and decryption works fine if I send a
> mail to myself. Also, other people can decrypt and read my mails.
>
> The only problem is that when I browse an encrypted mail from a friend
> f mine, who happens to use mozilla with gnupg, mutt does not ask me for
> my mantra like it does when I am reading mails encrypted by myself but
> displays it in the encrypted version.

I had a very similar problem in that I wasn't able to verify any
signatures coming to me, but I could verify my own signature in the
sentbox.  What I learned was that the pop3 server of my ISP (my
college, actually) was mangling the pgp headers so that Mutt couldn't
tell that it was a pgp signature. (It was changing application/pgp to
application/octet stream.)

My only solution was to stop using the pop3 server and run my own mail
host.

Can you verify the signatures on this list?  Or is your problem just
with decrpytion?

Bryan

--
Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish.
Teach a man to fish, and you give up your monopoly on fisheries.