GPG & MUTT: Problem with automatic decryption

Hello.

I am using mutt 1.4i with gpg 1.2.2 - both programs are working fine. It's the
linking of both tools which makes problems.

I have configured my gpg in muttrc with the following configuration:
http://idea.sec.dico.unimi.it/~lorenzo/misc/mutt/gpg.mutt.html

Encryption seems to work fine - the written message gets encrypted and send
with to the adress/keyowner.

Descryption and gpg signature does not work, though. After I have entered the
mantra, mutt opens the mail and tells me several times that the mantra can not
be checked in batch mode and that it is not correct ( which is wrong, of course
).

Note that I am not using the gpg-2comp script. If I have read correctly, it is
only useful when it comes to communication with certain version of pgp.

It is probably just another of those poor newbie problems. Unfortunatly, after
some searching in tutorials, HOWTOs and newsgroups, I am not able to solve it
by myself.

Thanks in advance for Your time,

Regards,

  Piotr Jakubowicz