Re: Newbie configuration - getting email (POP3)

On 2003-10-14 20:54:11 -0400, David T-G wrote:

> % I am assuming this is pretty easy to do with procmail.
> % How can you redirect the emails from $MAIL to ~/Mail/Inbox?
>
> This is treading dangerously close to procmail-list topic :-) but
> something like
>
>   DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/Inbox
>
> in your procmailrc would do it for you.  Of course, you might actually
> put in some other settings and rules, too :-)

If you need no other rules, procmail is overkill.  Here's my
.forward (on the machine *behind* spamassassin ;), with postfix:

/home/roessler/Mail/archive/now
/home/roessler/Mail/inbox/

The first folder is an archive mbox, the second is the maildir I'm
using as my inbox.

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.