Re: A simple whitelisting script

That looks a little expensive -- you'll collect a rather long
whitelist over time.  I'm attaching the scripts I'm using nowadays;
this is based on a Berkeley DB I put in my $HOME.  As a secondary
use, I'm also using this whitelist for mutt's query feature.

Mutt configuration settings:

set query_command="~/whitelist/wl_query.pl %s"
set sendmail="/home/roessler/Devel/whitelist/sendmail-wrapper-db.pl -oem -oi"

.procmailrc:

:0Whc
| $HOME/whitelist/check_db.pl

:0Wef
| formail -I "X-No-Spam: whitelist"

You can then guard your spamassassin invocation with something like
this:

        :0
        }

(I'm running the whitelist scripts on my laptop, and spamassassin
on a server, so what I actually use is based on occasionally
updating spamassassin's whitelist.)

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.