Re: Newbie configuration - getting email (POP3)

On Tue 14-Oct-2003 at 02:20:50PM -0400, David Fishburn wrote:

> So I setup fetchmail:

> This is where I run into problems.
> This puts my email into /var/spool/mail/fishburn.
> How do I get fetchmail to put my email into the same account as what
> Mutt is expecting above ~/Mail/Inbox.
>
> Further reading indicates I need to use procmail to do this.

You would normally use procmail to do this, but if you are happy for
now reading all your mail in a single spoolfile, you can just tell
mutt to use the existing system mailspool rather than create one in
your home directory.

The path to your system mailspool will be available via the $MAIL
environmental variable, so you can put this in your .muttrc:

  set spoolfile = $MAIL
  mailboxes $MAIL

This is equivalent to:

  set spoolfile = /var/spool/mail/fishburn
  mailboxes /var/spool/mail/fishburn

--
Bruno