Re: wrap long lines?

Hughes --

...and then Hugues said...
%
% Ce cher Gerhard Siegesmund <gerhard.siegesmund@xxxxxxxx> a dit :
%
% >> Is there anyway to get mutt to wrap the long lines that some ill
% >> behaved mail clients produce?
% >
% > Take a look at smart_wrap and wrapmargin. This should help. Also take a
%
% from manual.txt :
%   Controls the size of the margin remaining at the right side of the
%   terminal when mutt's pager does smart wrapping.
% --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
%
% well...
% WHY does  it wraps  from the _right_  margin, not  the _left_ one  ? I
% think this a stupid behaviour !

You might, but most don't :-)

%
% Is there any suggestion ?
% Should I see another trick (like a viewer wrapper ?)

If you want to force to a certain width then, yes, I would go with a
display_filter script that pumps the message through fmt (or, better yet,
par).

%
%
%        thanks :)