Re: S-Lang -> ncurses: Lost bold attribute

On Sat 11 Oct 2003 at 12:35pm -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > (does anyone know why ncurses should be preferable?)
>
> various reasons, one comes to mind: the UTF-8 support in ncurses
> is working better than the UTF-8 patch for slang.  For the past
> year Redhat's defaulted to UTF-8 locales.

One reason I prefer ncurses right now is that I've found that if
you don't specify a "color indicator ..." command, the indicator
bar will automatically reverse the fg/bg colors if the item you're
pointing to.

For example, if you have:

    color index green default ~N

to highlight your new messages in green, and you have a black
background, the indicator bar will be black letters on green when
pointing to a new message.

S-lang did not do this for me, as I remember.  I'm not sure if
this is documented.

--
John