Re: S-Lang -> ncurses: Lost bold attribute

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Recently in Rawhide (Red Hat's development tree) mutt was rebuild to
> link against ncurses. Up to now it used S-Lang
>
> (does anyone know why ncurses should be preferable?)

various reasons, one comes to mind: the UTF-8 support in ncurses is
working better than the UTF-8 patch for slang.  For the past year Redhat's
defaulted to UTF-8 locales.

> Anyway, I now lost by "bright"/bold attributes on my
> xterm-16color. Previously I had stuff like
>
> color index brightblue color15 "~N"
> color index blue color15 "~O"

the code in mutt to setup ncurses and slang isn't really identical (but
it's a mutt issue rather than ncurses/slang).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net