folder view shows no mail

One thing I haven't been able to do yet is find how to configure mutt to
show new mails in the folder view.  I'm using courier-imap and this is
the view I have no whether there is mail or not.

 1     IMAP                                  ../
 2     IMAP                                  Drafts
 3     IMAP                                  Sent
 4     IMAP                                  Trash
 5     IMAP                                  deb-users
 6     IMAP                                  mutt-users
 7     IMAP                                  openbsd
 8     IMAP                                  sent

Thanks for any help,
Kent