Re: gpg error

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 03:43:58PM -0400, David T-G wrote:

> You shouldn't need it.  What is mucking with your mail to change the
> attachment type?

Oh, the stories I could tell.  If you notice that this reply starts a
new thread, it's because our pop3 server deletes original messageIDs
and creates brand new ones - how nice!  [If I check my mail via the
web the good ID is there, but when I telnet into the pop3 server and
top the messaege, the ID is gone and replaced by a furman.edu one.]

The system is one common at colleges, called First Class.  We are
supposed to use the official First Class "client" for our email, or we
can use the web interface.  There is pop3 access, thankfully, but I'm
realizing that it is very broken.  This is the second symptom I have
discovered this week.

Another piece of evidence: I have the encrypt-to option set so that
what I send appears normally in my sent folder.  When I send a message
to a list, it shows up in my sent folder like so:

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Thu Oct  9 15:57:40 2003) --]
gpg: Signature made Thu Oct  9 14:57:51 2003 EDT using DSA key ID
74289BEF
gpg: Good signature from "Bryan Bibb <bryan.bibb@xxxxxxxxxx>"
[-- End of PGP output --]

[-- The following data is signed --]

But when it comes back to me in list traffic, Mutt can't find any PGP
data.  This is another thing to add to my list of public
protestations.

Please, if any of you have influence over IT purchases, NEVER get
sucked in by Centrinity's First Class mail system.

Bryan

[ps, sorry for the personal reply]