Re: gpg error

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 02:40:20PM -0400, Bryan Bibb wrote:

> When I compose a message, the signing seems to work.  However, I
> cannot extract any keys from messages, including my own. When I do ^K,
> I get the following error:
>
>    gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
>    gpg: Total number processed: 0
>    Press any key to continue...

Ok, I figured out that I have the same problem described in this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mutt-users@xxxxxxxx/msg10998.html

I think...  When I view my message view web interface (i.e. before it
comes through our pop3 server) the attachment is listed as
application/pgp-signature.  By the time it gets to me, though, it is
in application/octet-stream.

Anyway, I installed the mutt.octet.filter script, and referenced it in
my muttrc and in my mailcap.  Now, instead of the octet-stream
"unsupported type error" I get this at the bottom of my message: