Re: Hi and Hello

G'day René and ironkid (Yeah, I agree, get a name...),

* René Clerc <rene@xxxxxxxx> [031008 17:12]:
> > do you guys keep track of new messages?  i can see how it might be hard to
> > always track down a new message if it is related to a thread down at the
> > bottom of the list.  (maybe i need to drop my pack-rat ways and just
> > delete old messages ;)
>
> Nah, you can keep'em.  Checkout $collapse_unread, and here are some

What I use is:
( yet another attempt at self promotion!
  http://www.liv.ac.uk/~svwright/mutt/index.html#d101002 )

  unset collapse_unread
  #  I want (slack) collapsed threading in general.
  folder-hook   "."   unset strict_threads
  folder-hook   "."   push "<collapse-all>"
  #  Except for my Inbox.
  folder-hook   "!"   set   strict_threads
  folder-hook   "!"   push "<collapse-all>"

You might also want something like this

  set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15L %?M?(#%03M)&(%4l)? %s"

It is left as an exercise for the reader to discover what this does...

Also you can jump to new messages with the <TAB> key (well, with the
default bindings anyway).

S.

--
European Citizens: Please do a little work to convince the European
Parliament to reject software patents. This page explains the issue