[OT] Re: my_hdr as unknown command rejected

Quoting Michael Herman (michael-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
> >my_hdr X-Operating-System: Debian GNU/linux `uname -r`
> Am I being to nit-picky?  You OS is Linux (or GNU-Linux).  Your distro is
> Debian.

<flame>
 <sarcasm>
  Oh! Okay!
  Let's add yet another useless header which noone ever looks at! \o/
 </sarcasm>

Really folks, whats the need for these useless headers like
X-Operating-System, X-Mood, X-Face (with 64kb UUEncoded image!),
X-Geek-Code, X-whatever...

Did you ever receive messages like 'Oooh, I saw your X-blargh header and
I couldn't resist asking ...'?  Do you think people will look through
your headers when there's really no need to?  I can't name anyone from
my vast group of email-relations that actually does this.  Do you think
others actually care what your uptime is? Or your load average?

If i'm interrested in what OS your run, what your uptime is, or your
current load averages, or what you look like, i'll ask, ok?  There's no
need to add that to each and every message you send, especially to
mailinglists.

It just adds to the size of each and every message...

The guy who sent me a message with an X-Face header followed by 64kb of
uuencoded crap ended right in my 550 Reject list.
</flame>

*sigh* Sorry?

Sander.