Problems with 'color signature ...'

Hallo!
I'm using Mutt 1.5.4i and its builtin pager.

When I read an email with the following content in the body (without
the #--- lines) then everything is ok, i.e. Mutt displays the "normal"
text in white on black and the signature (the "-- " and everything
underneath) in brightblack on black:

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
gasdgas

--
adsfasdfadf
dfasdfasdfadfad

adsfadsfasdfadfasdfadf
#---------------------------------------------------------------------

When I read an email with the following content then Mutt displays
the "normal" text properly.  But the last line of the signature is
displayed in white on black as if it would be "normal" text, too (the
other lines of the signature are in brightblack on black, as
expected):

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
gasdgas

--
adsfasdfadf

dfasdfasdfadfad
adfadfadfadfadfasdf

adsfadsfasdfadfasdfadf

In my muttrc, there is:
color normal        white           black
color signature     brightblack     black

'normal' is the only object with "white" as its foreground color.

Gruß, Georg