Re: 'score "~d <2w" 50' in folder-hook weirdness

On Thu 25 Sep 2003 at 12:44am +0200, Joan Picanyol i Puig wrote:

> [please honour Mail-Followup-To:, not subscribed]

(My mutt is honoring it.  I don't see it in your last message. :-)

> > Maybe a problem with how you're setting/resetting the $delete
> > variable in more than one place.  If you just get rid of all
> > the scoring stuff and use:
> >
> > set delete=yes
> > folder-hook =lists 'push <delete-pattern>~r>2w<enter>'
> >
> > in your .muttrc, it should mark the appropriate messages for
> > deletion when you first enter the folder, and purge them when
> > you exit (or sync) the folder.
> Mmmmhh... currently I have the following:
>
> (00:38:16 <~>) 0 $ grep -v '#' .mutt/folder-hooks

(I assume this file is being successfully sourced from your
.muttrc.)

> folder-hook .  unset score
> folder-hook .  set &score_threshold_delete
> folder-hook .  set sort=threads
> folder-hook .  set delete=ask-yes
>

> folder-hook =lists*  set delete=yes
> folder-hook =lists* 'push <delete-pattern>~r>2w!(~F|~N)<enter>'
>
> So _at least_ I should get asked about wether I want to delete
> them, the problem is that I don't have get them marked for
> deleting!!

Then I would only say verify that there are in fact messages that
match the condition of the <delete-pattern>, but you've probably
done that.  You could try a pattern of just "~m<3" (message
numbers less than 3) or similar for testing, so that you know
there are matching messages.  Other than that, I can't spot the
problem based on the above.

> > (You probably don't really want the trailing * on your folder
> > matching pattern.)
> I think I do, I want this to happen on all my lists folders (of
> the form =lists/listname), is there any caveat?

If you create a mailbox in your main folder that starts with
"list", "=lists*" will match it.

The pattern is a regular expression, so "=lists*" means "=list"
followed by zero or more of the letter s.  "=lists/" would
probably be best for your purpose, if you want to restrict it to
that directory.

> > folder-hook =lists 'push <delete-pattern>!~F!~N~r>2w<enter>'
> This looks to me equivalent to the one I have (which you
> suggested two months ago).

Yes, it is.  I didn't remember suggesting it before.

--
John