Re: colorizing the index based on the alias file

On 2003-09-22, Pete Kelly <pkelly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I'm looking for a trick to highlight (change the color) of a message
> based on the sender appearing in my alias file.
>
> I've managed to make colors work at the index level but only by
> creating an regex looking for specific senders. I'm looking to expand
> that to any address that appears in any of my alias files.

One way would be to write a script in your favorite scripting
language to read all your alias files and for each alias found,
extract the address, then print a line like this to stdout:

    color index blue default '~f address'

replacing 'address' with each actual address.  Then put a line like
this in your muttrc:

    source 'my_script|'

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division