status_format question

[I sent this before, but then stopped receiving replies to the list for
a while, so I'm reposting it.]

I'm using the vvv.nntp patch to read news in Mutt and I wanted to have
the newsgroup name displayed in the status bar without it pushing all
the other information off the screen, so I changed the setting to:

set status_format="%h >> %.30f [%P] Total:%m New:%n %>- %v"

By adding the .30, I can limit the amount of space %f takes up on the
line, but the problem is that the name of the newsgroup comes at the end
(i.e., "nntp://news-server.hawaii.rr.com"; comes before the actual name
of the newsgroup), so all I see is 30 characters' worth of information I
don't need.

My question is: is there a way (regex, etc.) to make it display 30
characters starting from the end of the string?

Thanks.

--
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:23:00 -1000
Linux 2.4.20-20.9