Re: Duplicate messages

> Seth Williamson <seth@xxxxxxxx> [2003-09-20 15:03]:
>
> Yes, I'm using fetchmail.  I think it's set up with the normal -k option
> (although I will check that, my brother set it up for me).  I watch the
> verbose output and I see it purging messages.  So normally it gets rid
> of them.
>
> I just can't figure out why SOME messages--not all--show up twice.
>
> On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 08:52, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 08:40:37AM -0400, Seth Williamson wrote:
> > > I am a newbie mutt user.  I am temporarily back to another e-mail
> > > program because my new mutt set-up is getting a lot of duplicate
> > > messages.  I assume, athough I don't know for sure, that this is due to
> > > some interaction between fetchmail and the pop set-up at my ISP.  Or
> > > perhaps due to something with procmail.
> >
> > I'm guessing you were using fetchmail to get your mail?  If that is the
> > case, you might want to take a look at the ``flush'' option in the
> > manpage, it should sort your problems.

First: Please START a NEW THREAD IF you ask anything UNRELATED.
This means, delete the "In-Reply-To:" Field in the header or
compose an eMail freshly.  Thanks.

Second: I get a lot of duplicates too, might they be the answers of my
postings or whatever.  For this reason, I have defined in my
configuration settings the following statements:

## BEGIN
# delete duplicates on folder-entry
#
folder-hook . 'push <delete-pattern>~=\n'

# collapse all threads when entering a folder
#
folder-hook . 'push \eV'

# set the default sorting.
folder-hook . set sort=threads

# mark all emails as deleted in my spam folder
#
folder-hook spam 'push <delete-pattern>.\n'

# delete all emails from a domain that spamed debian-lists
#
folder-hook linuxdebian 'push <delete-pattern>~f.*@guadagnare.it\n'
## END

HTH

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |