Re: macro question

On 14.09.03,18:12, Jay Moore wrote:
> I'm currently a pine user, but in the market for a new mailer... I
> think mutt may be the ticket, but I'd like to confirm something:
>
> Currently (in pine) about 7 or 8 keystrokes are required for an
> operation I have to perform frequently (pipe, save, expunge). I'm
> pretty lazy, and damn slow so I'm interested in something like
> "Shift-F5" to take care of the whole sequence.
>
> Is it possible to set something like this up in my .muttrc file (or
> otherwise)? If so, any pointers to get me started would be greatly
> appreciated.

Then Mutt will certainly be your thing. Begin here:

http://mutt.blackfish.org.uk/

Macros are powerful in mutt and has this syntax:

macro index _4 "<change-folder>+IN-vim\n<last-entry>"

This changes to the IN-vim folder.

Have not seen any specific documentation on mutt macros more than the
mutt manual, but there are a lot of .muttrc's on the net that can
inspire you to make your own.

http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual.txt
http://www.mutt.org/links.html#config
http://www.davep.org/mutt/muttrc/