Re: forwarded fcc-messages have strange From field

 On Monday, September 8, 2003 at 9:52:52 AM +0200, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> it is strange that mutt allows empty From when first generating
> message, and then does not allow it when forwarding the same message
> later :)

    I agree it's strange, and wonder why.

> I send both us-ascii and koi8-r mails. Since I can't come up with the
> hook that would automatically change my character set based on the
> characters in the message

    No need for a hook: There is an auto charset selection feature in
$send_charset itself.

> I prefer to keep it always koi8-r. It doesn't hurt any us-ascii
> characters

    It's generaly true, but not always. Some mail readers might choke on
the unknown for them label. Like show the mail as an attachment, or
require download and installation of a cyrilic support pack before they
display the US-Ascii text.

    It's cleaner to use the best adapted charset label to have better
chances to be easely read everywhere.

> If there is some way to automate it then I'd be glad to use it.

    I don't know what's optimal for Russians, but can propose:

| set send_charset="us-ascii:iso-8859-1:koi8-r:utf-8"

Bye!    Alain.
--
We can't impose our choices, we must do it
  democratica££y. Let's vote YES or NO:

 - YES, Al must change his passphrase.
 - NO, Al can't keep his passphrase.