Re: forwarded fcc-messages have strange From field

On 2003-09-08 at 09:52 +0200, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 01:19:22PM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
> >
> >     The mail was US-Ascii: Fix your $send_charset.
>
> Well. I send both us-ascii and koi8-r mails. Since I can't come up with the
> hook that would automatically change my character set based on the characters
> in the message, I prefer to keep it always koi8-r. It doesn't hurt any
> us-ascii characters, but when I have russian text in the message then it is
> displayed correctly :) If there is some way to automate it then I'd be glad to
> use it.

That is what send_charset is for, as pointed out by Alain above.
Here is an example from my .muttrc:

        set send_charset="us-ascii:koi8-r"

In other words, it will try to use us-ascii charset by default, but
there are any Russian characters in Subject or body, it will
automatically switch to koi8-r. I think that is what you need.

Sergei