Re: Threads and &

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:58:14PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> >   These changes MUST NOT be applied by an SMTP server that provides
> >   an intermediate relay function.
>
> Interesting. I guess the question then becomes: how does a server know
> that it's the FIRST relay?

You mean, "how does an MTA know that it is the point of submission?"

Most MTAs have a submission mode; i.e. when you run sendmail on the
command line (or Mutt does it for you).  Alternately, if you use the
message submission port (i.e. 587, rther than 25), the mail is being
received in submission mode.  Theoretically...

-=-=-=-=-