Re: 'mailboxes' command misbehaving?

* Steve Revilak (steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Does the first Note in
>    http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-3.html#ss3.11
> apply to your case?

Thanks for your reply, Steve, sorry for taking so long to reply myself.

I don't think it applies, although I don't fully understand that first Note.
For example,
I have (for access times):

$ ls -ul mail/lists/
total 380
-rw------- 1 kjaleel kjaleel  90878 Jun 12 16:52 bind-users
-rw------- 1 kjaleel kjaleel   3440 Jun 12 14:32 centos-devel
-rw------- 1 kjaleel kjaleel   2797 Jun 13 11:08 mutt-users

and for normal modification times:

$ ls -l mail/lists/
total 396
-rw------- 1 kjaleel kjaleel  90878 Jun 13 19:02 bind-users
-rw------- 1 kjaleel kjaleel   3440 Jun 12 14:32 centos-devel
-rw------- 1 kjaleel kjaleel  19491 Jun 13 20:52 mutt-users

So it seems the access times are in the past and the modification times are
when the mbox was last
written to. So I don't think the first Note applies.

Also, I just went through and read every email in 'bind-users' and changed to
'centos-devel'. I
immediately saw a message in the status bar saying "New mail in bind-users"! I
went back there,
and sure enough, there was NO new mail! I don't understand what's going on.

Btw, I forgot to mention this is Mutt 1.4.2.2i (2006-07-14) on Centos 5.3. On a
wild guess, could SELinux
have anything to do with it? Or will switching to Maildir help?

Thanks,
Khusro