Re: Cyrus and creating folders from mutt

Hi,

* Sven Hergenhahn wrote:

> sorry for the confusion - we have different IMAP Servers here and the
> one I'm complainig about here is a Cyrus-Server... but anyway - the
> problem persists.

If the problem is what is what I think, it's independent from the server.

> Rocco Rutte schrieb:
> > For IMAP, you can subscribe to folders and have mutt get the list of
> > subscribed folders from the server, but still this is one step of manual
> > interaction.
>
> set imap_check_subscribed = yes
> set imap_list_subscribed = no
>
> in my .muttrc will do this for me. At least it does it for all folders
> created by others or from Thunderbird.
>
> As written in my OP, I restarted mutt after creating the folder to
> trigger this behaviour.
>
> As said
>   - this folder is not displayed in my list of mailboxes
>   - I can't see it with Thunderbird
>   - I can't see it in my sidebar
>   - but I can get there from within mutt by typing c,
>     then tab-complete to the path and return.

Did you subscribe to the folders in mutt? My guess is that when you
create a new folder in thunderbird it subscribes automatically while
mutt does not. That you can't see a mutt-created folder in TB supports
this (as well as all other symptoms do).

Please either subscribe to the folder once you see it in the mailboxes
view, or use the mailboxes command. I think both ways will work. If not,
please report back here.

Rocco