Re: How can I know if error happens when sending mail?

yeah, the manual says we will be informed, but in fact i tested and didnt see
any information about
the error.

lars

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009, Nicolas Rachinsky wrote:

> * JP Bruns <emailjp79@xxxxxx> [2009-06-02 10:37 +0200]: > Is there anything
> for console-only
> systems? Mutt is a great piece of software, but - in my eyes - is lacking
> this important
> feature. Would it be possible to take the return-code/-message of the *smtp
> program and display
> that on the status-line (or the message(?)-line)? What about creating a
> mail-reply to that message
> on its own with the sending-error as body and mark that as new mail?

Please wrap your lines.  The manual says about sendmail_wait: Note that if you
specify a value other
than 0, the output of the child process will be put in a temporary file. If
there is some error, you
will be informed as to where to find the output.  So it seems, the feature you
want is already
there.  Nicolas -- http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas