Re: How can I know if error happens when sending mail?

Kyle [02.Jun.2009 04:42]:

On Tuesday, June  2 at 10:09 AM, quoth Chengqi(Lars) Song:
indeed can not interrupt mutt, but can send a local mail to myself instead i
think ...

Actually, now that I think about it... you might be able to use xdialog (or something similar) to display an alert message, rather than send another email.

Is there anything for console-only systems? Mutt is a great piece of software,
but - in my eyes - is lacking this important feature. Would it be possible to
take the return-code/-message of the *smtp program and display that on the
status-line (or the message(?)-line)? What about creating a mail-reply to that
message on its own with the sending-error as body and mark that as new mail?

How do other people deal with this issue?

JP