Re: How can I know if error happens when sending mail?

* JP Bruns <emailjp79@xxxxxx> [2009-06-02 10:37 +0200]:
> Is there anything for console-only systems? Mutt is a great piece of
> software, but - in my eyes - is lacking this important feature. Would it be
> possible to take the return-code/-message of the *smtp program and display
> that on the status-line (or the message(?)-line)? What about creating a
> mail-reply to that message on its own with the sending-error as body and mark
> that as new mail?

Please wrap your lines.

The manual says about sendmail_wait:
   Note that if you specify a value other than 0, the output of the child
   process will be put in a temporary file. If there is some error, you
   will be informed as to where to find the output.

So it seems, the feature you want is already there.

Nicolas
--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas