Re: Maildir on Cygwin - New mail notification

Hi,

* Adam Wellings wrote:

> The new mail is marked within the folders, eg if new mail arrives in
> the current directory, it gets marked as new and mutt tells me it's
> there. New mail in other directories is marked as new when I viist it,
> but the directory is not marked, and none of the switch to dirs with
> new mail commands work.

Then I suspect it doesn't get flagged with 'N' in the folder browser, too?

> I'm guessing that this could be something to do with Cygwin and the
> managed mount, but as I'm not sure what mutt does to check for mail
> in the new dir, I don't know how to check this. I don't know C (well
> enough) to check in the code.

To detect new mail in maildirs, mutt looks at the new/
subdirectory. There, it tries to find a file that does not have ":2," in
its name, or if it has, doesn't contain "T" after the comma. (the ":2,"
thing means that a mail's flags follow, the "T" flag means trashed,
i.e. deleted -- mutt looks for one non-trashed message in new/).

It would be helpful if you could use ls(1) to see what the filenames
look like.

Rocco