Re: Gmail and multiple mail box

Hi,

* Chris wrote:
> I'm trying to view multiple gmail mail boxes. At the moment I can only
> see one of the mail boxes.

> Here's my .muttrc file

[...]

I suggest reading the manual on configuration variables as you seem to
miss some fundamental things. In mutt, variables are global and have
default value. This default value persists until you set it in .muttrc.

For example, after

> set from=user1@xxxxxxxxx
> set from=user2@xxxxxxxxx

the $from variable will have a value of "user2@xxxxxxxxx" because you
changed it, "users1@xxxxxxxxx" will be gone. This means that only the
last values of each variable you set will be remembered in mutt (which
is why you see only one account).

In order to manage multiple accounts, please search the web and look at:

   http://dev.mutt.org/doc/manual.html#ex-multiaccount

It gives you an example how to set up multiple identities using the
folder-hook command. folder-hook is explained in that manual, too.

Note that you don't need to set _all_ variables in folder-hooks, only
those that you want to differ from account to account.

Rocco